LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 mo_wan
|
Hello,

Not sure where I should post this.

So I have studied for a few months and unfortunately I haven't gotten the progress that I wanted. My score marginally increased. I am already registered for the September LSAT and I only have the option to withdraw. My raw score is in the range between 150-152, that could be enough for some schools. My GPA is pretty much 4.0. However, I am not sure if I should just withdraw and write it in September or just go in and write it regardless. I was thinking if I cancel it, I'll take aa week or two off, then come back and study until the November test. If I don't cancel it study until the test , take it and then take a week or two off and study again until November. Note I took LSAT last year September, but I cancelled my score as I knew I wasn't close to my target score. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
 Jennifer Janowsky
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Mo!

Yours is a hard question, and one we get often. From what I understand, you've put in the work and studied hard, but you're not where you want to be. With the test coming up, you can't tell whether or not you should sit for it. Is it a waste of time?

In my opinion, you've already done the work and should sit for the test to see what happens. Afterwards, if feel you've done worse than normal, you can always cancel your score. If you hadn't adequately prepared I'd tell you otherwise, but you don't have a lot to lose just by taking a test you might not be 100% ready for. Do you think anyone feels 100% ready for the LSAT? The risk you take with not sitting for the test in September is not getting any score at all, when 150 is a good enough score for some of the schools you're looking at, as is!

That said, it's very likely you'll do better in November than you'll do right now. But that doesn't mean it's not worth your time to take it. What if you get hit in the head with an asteroid October 30th and miraculously forget everything you learned? Not really, but you get the point--things are uncertain, and any score is better than no score.

You're welcome to draw from your own knowledge, as I'm sure there are millions of factors in play for you that I don't know about. But based on what i do know, this is my 2 cents! I hope you find it helpful. :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.