LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

tyrionlannister
|
In question 2 on pp 355, I thought the answer was E, but the book says that B is correct. In question 4, I thought C was correct, but the book says A is. I really do not understand how the answers I thought were right are wrong. In both cases, it seems to me that the answer I thought was right is saying the exact same thing that the right answer is saying, just in a different way.
 Jonathan Evans
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Tyrion,

Could you please specify which edition of the Logical Reasoning Bible you are referring to? I have looked in the last three editions, and none of these has questions on page 355.

Additionally, would you be so kind as to specify why you thought the credited response was incorrect and the reasoning that led you to choose an incorrect answer. Any details you could share would be helpful.

Thank you very much!
 tyrionlannister
|
The questions are on page 353 of the 2018 edition. I just do not understand how answer choice C in no 4 (what I thought was right) is different from answer A (what is right). I drew out a diagram: VL (vague laws)-->AL with a line through it (to indicate not knowing if actions are legal)-->S with a line through it, (indicating not feeling safe). Then I concluded that VL-->S (with a line through it). I understand what a mistaken negation is as it is presented on pages 176 and 178, I just don't see how that answer choice is a mistaken negation.
I went through a similar process with no 2 and I cannot figure out why B is right. I put E, and I cannot tell the difference between them.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey there Tyrion, thanks for joining us! I hope I can help some. That first question is from October 2001, and we have a thread started on it here:

lsat/viewtopic.php?t=12057

The second one you asked about is from December 2001, and here is that thread:

lsat/viewtopic.php?t=5686

See if the discussions, diagrams, and explanations we've already shared there help shed a little light for you, and if not, continue the discussions by asking us follow-up questions in those posts. I hope you'll find them useful!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.