LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 LawLover
|
I do not really know if this question should go here or not, but I have been reading posts about people who have taken the LSAT with accommodations. I am just wondering if anyone knows an answer for the following question(s). Since I am legally blind I know I get extra time for that either time and a half, or double time. Also I have ADD/ADHD and autism. So does that mean that if I can prove all of those disabilities with I can that I could end up getting more than double time? I know the text has to be completed in under a days time, but I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had any idea about this or knew. Any help/answers is appreciated.

Thanks
LawLover
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LawLover - good question! My understanding is that LSAC makes these determinations on a case by case basis, so there's no ultimate "de facto" accommodation that various disabilities, or combination of disabilities, will receive.

In other words, while time and a half or double time are the typical scenarios granted, LSAC may view your situation differently and provide a somewhat unique testing format. Or they may determine that one of those more standard scenarios is sufficient. The only way to know what you'll be offered is to contact LSAC directly and communicate your request(s) and then see what they deem appropriate.

Sorry I can't be more definitive but accommodations that fall a bit "outside the norm," as it were, are too individualistic for anyone but LSAC to predict/determine.

Good luck, and if you'd like to share what you're offered I know I, and many others here, would be interested in hearing it!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.