LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 lathlee
|
Hi. Can you Recommend me difficult Linear based questions that are not in the 12 Hardest LG all time (which i studied them all) and Honorable mentions(i also studied them all as well) ?

I want to save as much time as i can when i do any linear based game in the future
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
What's difficult for one student may not be for another, so it's hard to say which games you will personally find difficult. That said, here are a few that my students have found to be somewhat challenging over the years (many of which you have probably already seen and attempted):

PrepTest 2, October 1991, Game 4, Dogs awarded ribbons

PrepTest 5, June 1992, Game 1, John's Grades

PrepTest 7, February 1993, Game 2, Dr. Yamata

Preptest 8, June 1993, Game 1, Gymnastics

Preptest 10, February 1994, Game 2, Movie Reviewers

Preptest 13, December 1994, Game 3, Lectures

Preptest 17, December 1995, Game 4, Relay Teams

Preptest 21, December 1996, Game 4, Advertising Products

PrepTest 24, December 1997, Game 3, introductory and advanced textbooks

Preptest 30, December 1999, Game 2, Answering Machine

Preptest 35, October 2001, Game 3, Kim Family

PrepTest 55, October 2008, Game 4, Shuttle van four stops

There are more out there, to be sure. Work these and keep doing practice tests and thorough reviews to continue building your strengths. Don't just do the "hard" games, but look to see how you can improve your efficiency, accuracy, and confidence on sections of games that mix things up with different types, levels of difficulty, and numbers of questions. It's not about whether you can do the hard games, but how you handle the mix of games that come at you in any given test.

Have fun, keep at it!
 lathlee
|
Adam thank you so much for the kind answer. I am just making it sure: there's not that much difficult linear based game since prep 35 except prep 55 of van game
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Oh, there's plenty more, lathlee! Start with that list, though, and save newer tests to use as full, timed practice tests. If you need a few more, we'll see what we can dig up.
 lathlee
|
BTW, adam, I do not think Prep test 10 Game 2, Movie Viewers are the Linear game, I see Grouping nature overwhelmingly.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
My bad, you're right! I must have forgotten for a moment that you were looking for linear games when I wrote that! That grouping game with a numerical distribution causes a lot of people problems, but there is nothing linear about it.

Sorry for the confusion there!
 lathlee
|
Not at all, i learned something difficult and fun while trying to solve that game. thank you for recommending me that game anyways.
 lathlee
|
Just finished them. got some wrong ones in there, which I will continue to try get them right until i get it right. Anyways, yep, if you have more difficult Linear games, i would like to try please . thanks haha
 lathlee
|
Can I get an reply haha
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Here are a few others that might test you on linearity:

Preptest 35, October 2001, Game 2, Radio Talk Show

PrepTest 36, December 2001, Game 3, Window and aisle seats on a bus

Preptest 37, June 2002, Game 4, Swim Relay

Preptest 38, October 2002, Game 1, Clowns

Preptest 39, December 2002, Game 1, Files

PrepTest 41, October 2003, Game 4, Circular table (actually, this test has three linear games, so if you are looking to challenge yourself with linearity you might want to do this one as a full timed section, or maybe do the whole test as a practice test)

PrepTest 59, December 2009, has three linear games as well, none of which are especially challenging, but taken together it can be a bit much if linearity is your sore spot. The other game on that test is a particularly challenging grouping game. Again, this might make a good timed section for you, as opposed to cherry-picking individual games.

Preptest 60, June 2010, Game 3, loads of mulch and stone

From there forward, I would suggest not singling out the games, but doing whole timed sections and full tests. You don't want to burn precious resources by pulling out bits and pieces! There are plenty more challenging games of every type, but you need to vary your studies and get away from just doing the same thing over and over.

Good luck! Looking forward to a score report when they are released in a couple days!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.