to the top

February 2018 LSAT - International Test Discussion

soniasotomayor
LSAT Novice

Aimeeque wrote:
soniasotomayor wrote:Hi! I too took it in London. Mine was RC LR LR LG LR. Do you recall what any of the passages were from RC? I found them really difficult (something about bebop/jazz; the comparative one on pragmatist approaches to law; a chemist creating some invention). I also need to find out which LR was the experimental. The second LR I had was very very difficult to me.

Yes, I had that RC; I found it pretty bearable except that some of the questions re: the Jazz paragraph seemed a bit unclear. I remember one that I couldn’t really find convincing evidence for in the passage, and I spent a LOT of time on it since I had completed everything else, so that was weird. What was in your LG? I really don’t want this books one included (something about a guy deciding which books to buy- if this one then not that one, etc); I think the other LG section I wrote was perfect so I’d rather have that!

Hey, yeah I dont think the LG one you mentioned is the real one. Honestly I have completely forgotten the LG but I dont recall that one so probably experimental. What about LR? Do you recall any from those two? I had 3 LR sections and the second one was quite difficult to me so hoping that is experimental!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Compilation of the early info already posted above:

London — Aimeeque
    LR-RC-LG-LR-LG
    RC: Same RC as other London taker: bebop/jazz; the comparative one on pragmatist approaches to law; a chemist creating some invention
    Second LG section: ended with a game about a man choosing to buy books

London — soniasotomayor
    RC-LR-LR-LG-LR
    RC: bebop/jazz; the comparative one on pragmatist approaches to law; a chemist creating some invention

Dave note: The London tests were not the same as the ones in Australia, at the least.

Poland —
    First LG section: yoga, south bay/north bay
    Second LG section: employees, music quartet, school subjects

South Korea — hichaeyeon
    RC-LR-RC-LR-LG
    One RC section: hedges; comparative reading about sprawling
    Note: "I checked out the North American Test discussion and it seems like the experimental sections were the same!"
    Dave question: by "sprawling," do you mean urban sprawl? And what were your exact LG?

South Korea — lsat0000
    RC-LR-RC-LR-LG
    One RC section: neoclassic sculptures
    LG section: a guy arranging books/photographs of authors (Hemingway)

Melbourne, Australia — TGIT
    LR-RC-LG-LG-LR
    First LG section: delegates needing to go to 3 different countries
    Second LG section: 3 markets selling a possible 5 items; 5 spaces to fill in order

Australia — LSATBOY18
    LR-RC-LG-LG-LR
    One RC section: Neoclassic sculptures; Urban sprawl
    Did not have RC with Jazz/Bebop

Both LG sections: Engine's being serviced on different days of the week; one with delegates visiting London, Milan and Paris; one with three markets selling five items; one with a musician composing a new piece and you had to order the instruments; the one with the bookstore putting up photos of famous authors.
    LR: politicians have a moral obligation to keep campaign promises only if they benefit the people
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

soniasotomayor wrote:Hey, yeah I dont think the LG one you mentioned is the real one. Honestly I have completely forgotten the LG but I dont recall that one so probably experimental. What about LR? Do you recall any from those two? I had 3 LR sections and the second one was quite difficult to me so hoping that is experimental!

Just on LG, any recollection at all?

I'll see if we can get Aimeeque to post on some LR she remembers. In the meantime, if you post some of the LR topics you recall, she can then say whether she remembers any of the topics. In this way, you can help each other narrow down what was real and what wasn't since it appears you had the same exams :-D
Dave Killoran
lsat0000
LSAT Novice

The LG section contained a question on a guy arranging books/photographs of authors (if I remember correctly, Hemingway was one of the authors mentioned). The section had a couple of questions that were a little tricky but wasn’t too bad.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

lsat0000 wrote:The LG section contained a question on a guy arranging books/photographs of authors (if I remember correctly, Hemingway was one of the authors mentioned). The section had a couple of questions that were a little tricky but wasn’t too bad.

Good info! Note how that aligns with what Aimeeque said about a game with books—those could be the same game.

Did you have an RC in either section about bebop/jazz?
Dave Killoran
LSATBOY18
LSAT Novice

I took the test in Australia. My order was LR, RC, LG, LG, LR

In the RC I definitely had the question about the Neoclassical Sculptor and also the one about urban sprawl so those were both real. I don't remember which Logic Games were in which section but I remember a few of them. There was one about engine's being serviced on different days of the week, one with delegates visiting London, Milan and Paris, one with three markets selling five items, one with a musician composing a new piece and you had to order the instruments and also the one with the bookstore putting up photos of famous authors. I do also remember one where L was only able to be used on days 1, 4 and 5, it could have been the engine servicing question?
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

LSATBOY18 wrote:I took the test in Australia. My order was LR, RC, LG, LG, LR

In the RC I definitely had the question about the Neoclassical Sculptor and also the one about urban sprawl so those were both real. I don't remember which Logic Games were in which section but I remember a few of them. There was one about engine's being serviced on different days of the week, one with delegates visiting London, Milan and Paris, one with three markets selling five items, one with a musician composing a new piece and you had to order the instruments and also the one with the bookstore putting up photos of famous authors. I do also remember one where L was only able to be used on days 1, 4 and 5, it could have been the engine servicing question?

This is extremely helpful, thanks! I've added it above.

Did your RC have a bebop/jazz passage? If not, then we are looking at multiple international tests, probably with Asia having one version and Europe having a different version.
Dave Killoran
LSATBOY18
LSAT Novice

No we didn't get any question like that. I've also just remembered that in the LR there was a question about whether politicians have a moral obligation to keep campaign promises only if they benefit the people. I'll try and remember some more of them.

Dave Killoran wrote:
This is extremely helpful, thanks! I've added it above.

Did your RC have a bebop/jazz passage? If not, then we are looking at multiple international tests, probably with Asia having one version and Europe having a different version.
[/quote]
lsat0000
LSAT Novice

Dave Killoran wrote:
lsat0000 wrote:The LG section contained a question on a guy arranging books/photographs of authors (if I remember correctly, Hemingway was one of the authors mentioned). The section had a couple of questions that were a little tricky but wasn’t too bad.

Good info! Note how that aligns with what Aimeeque said about a game with books—those could be the same game.

Did you have an RC in either section about bebop/jazz?

Hmmm... I had two RCs and one of them did have a passage on jazz and how its influence changed over the past few decades. From what I hear, I think it was an experimental section.
TGIT
LSAT Novice

hichaeyeon wrote:Hi I took the exam in South Korea! I had RC LR RC LR LG!
I checked out the North American Test discussion and it seems like the experimental sections were the same!
I think the scored RC section will be the one about hedges and the comparative reading about sprawling.

yup, thats (RC) definitely the scored one I remember the sprawling cc and hedges was the first RC I think.