to the top

February 2018 LSAT - Sabbath Observer Test Discussion

yaleguy
LSAT Novice

The article on Indus Valley Civilization is available online.

This is it right?

https://dc.cod.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi? ... text=essai

@uhinberg
uhinberg wrote:Real RC: 1) Inca civilization
2) If musicals fit in to general theory about classical era of American film
3) Comparative passage -- Free will and blameworthiness in legal system
4) Multiverse and entropy (Yes, another multiverse passage!)

@HarvardHopeful
PoitrasWins
LSAT Novice

The passage on Quantum Mechanics covered Sean Carroll's inflationary multiverse theory, and explained in plain English the concept of entropy.

It then proceeded to deal with the conflict of the Big Bang representing a high entropy state, in the context of an inflationary multiverse. It did so by explaining a theory due to Alexander Vilenkin positing that the Big Bang could represent a low probability high entropy fluctuation in a localized region of space-time.
PoitrasWins
LSAT Novice

Further, I had LR LR CR LG LR.

Though I'm unsure which of the LR was the experimental, the last one was by far the hardest.

My final LR had a passage about punitive v retributive concepts of justice.
HarvardHopeful
LSAT Apprentice

PoitrasWins wrote:Further, I had LR LR CR LG LR.

Though I'm unsure which of the LR was the experimental, the last one was by far the hardest.

My final LR had a passage about punitive v retributive concepts of justice.

Do you remember anything about your LG.

I keep feeling like I recall a punitive question in LR, but then my memory just leads me to the RC passage that mentioned punishment va rehabilitation for blameworthiness & it makes me kinda confident that RC was the only place that anything punitive was mentioned. That’s a longg way of saying i don’t know for sure if your last section was the expiremental, but I kinda think it was....?
adam1818
LSAT Novice

m
Last edited by adam1818 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uhinberg
LSAT Apprentice

Your section 5 was experimental. Real LR had nothing about babies dropping things to control parents.
uhinberg
LSAT Apprentice

PoitrasWins wrote:The passage on Quantum Mechanics covered Sean Carroll's inflationary multiverse theory, and explained in plain English the concept of entropy.

It then proceeded to deal with the conflict of the Big Bang representing a high entropy state, in the context of an inflationary multiverse. It did so by explaining a theory due to Alexander Vilenkin positing that the Big Bang could represent a low probability high entropy fluctuation in a localized region of space-time.

Your understanding of this topic is impressive, but I think this amount of detail about a as-of-yet undisclosed RC passage does not adhere to LSAC's guidelines. I'd suggest deleting the post.
HarvardHopeful
LSAT Apprentice

adam1818 wrote:LR questions - I had 1,3,5 as LR sections
Babies dropping things for control over parents (5 I think)
You should use wood recycling... wood recycling are more environmentally friends... what is overall conclusion? (5 I think)
Native oysters (may have been some other aquatic creature). barnacles and some chemical (one of toughest Qs on test imo), section 1 I think
90% of Monarch butterfly's that migrate don't get parasites, 15% that stay do (section 1 I think)

uhinberg wrote:Your section 5 was experimental. Real LR had nothing about babies dropping things to control parents.

Ha! I was going to say the same thing. Your 5th DEFINITELY experimental based on that manipulative baby question. That was not in either real section. Additionally definitely remember the monarch butterfly.