to the top

February 2018 LSAT - Sabbath Observer Test Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

The LSAT that Sabbath-observing test takers are given is different from the regular US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their test content.

Below, let us know more about your test, including questions and topics that you remember, section order, and overall impressions (difficulty, uniqueness/familiarity, odd elements, etc). With that information, we will begin listing which LG/RC/LR questions were real and which were known to be experimental (for more information on determining the Experimental section, please read: The Experimental Section Explained).

When you post, please follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

This information can help you determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: The list below will be updated in real time as we learn more about the exam, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering cancelling based on the details provided here, give this thread a day or two so that we can make sure all of the information is accurate.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

Real Reading Comprehension (not necessarily in order)

Real Logical Reasoning

Experimental Sections

Experimental Logic Games

Experimental Reading Comprehension

Experimental Logical Reasoning

Uncertain

Section orders and question counts

LG: XX questions
      LR1: XX questions
      LR2: XX questions
      RC: XX questions
      Total: XXX questions

North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=16485

Accommodated LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16481

International LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16482
    Jon Denning
    PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
    My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
    HarvardHopeful
    LSAT Apprentice

I took the sabbath test on Saturday. long story. Still definitely the sabbath version.

should i wait until Monday night when the Monday sabbath takers are done to post whatever I remember?
    Dave Killoran
    PowerScore Staff
    PowerScore Staff

At this point you can post. These days, many of the Accom testers take the same test as Saturday, even though they take it days later. So, they've decided this lag is not a big deal apparently.
    Dave Killoran
    PowerScore Test Preparation
    Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
    My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
    HarvardHopeful
    LSAT Apprentice

I remember what I had for section 1, 4 & 5. Not sure if 2 & 3 were LR-RC or RC then LR.

So, i had either
    LG-[rc?-lr?]-LR-LG
    or
    LG-[lr?-rc?]-LR-LG

REAL RC
    topics, not necessarily in this order, were:
    • Indus Valley - something about it previously being considered uninteresting, but recent discoveries show it's cool & major AF
    • Multiverse & Big Bang: how earth came to be
    • 1930 classical film genre vs. 1930 musical films being realistic or not.
    • comparative passage was on people not being in complete control of their actions so something about blame/blameworthiness being determined and punished using the law.

REAL LR
    • River flowing from amazon to Atlantic Ocean. Mountain range cut it off from the Pacific Ocean. Salt water fish / fresh water fish ancestor.
    • 500 people given a self help medical book, 500 people weren't. Those with the book dr visits declined 20%, those without dr visit remained the same.
    • Government or city building a majestic something? bridge? train station??? but also need to build something else for customer convenience -- maybe a tunnel
    ***that's all I remember. LR is a big blur.

LG - I had two. So idk which is real.
    • ONE GAME SECTION
    two violinist, one cellist, one piano player. There were 8 musicians?? I think 3 were violinist, 2 played cello & 2 played piano & one played both the violin and cello.

THE OTHER GAME SECTION
    • 5 Artist and 5 musicians performing/displaying art together.

Not sure which LG section:
    • Trains #1-6 enter; North, south or west.
    Last edited by HarvardHopeful on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    uhinberg
    LSAT Apprentice

Real RC: 1) Inca civilization
    2) If musicals fit in to general theory about classical era of American film
    3) Comparative passage -- Free will and blameworthiness in legal system
    4) Multiverse and entropy (Yes, another multiverse passage!)
    uhinberg
    LSAT Apprentice

The violinist/cello game was experimental. I too had the experimental, but compared afterward with other test takers.

Real LG: (1) Items on sale at department store
    Don't remember the topics of the rest.
    uhinberg
    LSAT Apprentice

5 artists/ 5 musicians was the fourth game of the real section

The train game was from experimental.
    HarvardHopeful
    LSAT Apprentice

Yea

There was one LG with i think 8 "slots" the first and fourth had to be the same, and the .... 3rd and 6th? Real or Fake?

neither LG were mindblowinlgy difficult, but i think struggled a little more on the real one.
    finished on time & felt ..... ok-ish. don't think i bombed it, but it just wasn't a breeze like LG usually is for me. i think simply bc my real LG was my last section and i was just kinda fried by then?
    uhinberg
    LSAT Apprentice

It was fake
    uhinberg
    LSAT Apprentice

The real LG also had a game with 3 teaching assistants having to teach certain subjects -- Psychology, Statistics, Macroeconomics etc.