LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 lathlee
|
Hi. I have prior versions of logic bible sets and 2011 version prior 1200 package lesson 1-12 books.

anyways, in logic games, I noticed that + sign is used in a quite few logic games in answer explanation sheets by Powerscore; I know + is used an extension of "AND" Function with such concept of "ADDING." but how should I Explain to myself exactly and what is the best way to utilize such, cuz I want to best utilize + sign for upcoming February LSAT.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
In logic games, the plus sign is typically just shorthand for the word "and", lathlee, so use it that way. If a rule says "If V is selected then both M and H are also selected", you can diagram that as:

V :arrow: M + H

The contrapositive will reverse the order, negate the terms, and convert the "+" to an "or":

M or H :arrow: V

Now, on occasion you might use the plus sign to signify something else. For example, if a group has to have at least two things but could have more, you might make a notation somewhere of "2+" to show that numeric issue. In that case, it's not substituting for "and", but just means "could be more". It's up to you to decide whether that is useful or if it is confusing, and if the latter then definitely don't use it that way.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.