to the top

December 2017 LSAT - International Test Discussion

Hk1
LSAT Novice

jessi31493 wrote:
Hk1 wrote:I got 2 LGs.
Could anybody please confirm which one of the following games are real?
1- one with supporting & opposing taking turns
2- one with upper & lower levels. Lower being the first.
3- one with spx
4- one with T or S in the middle.
And yes, the one with artifacts drove me CRAZY! I completely froze

Hey, I took the LSAT in London, and I got pretty much the same on my LSAT. My test structure was LG LR LG LR RC. My first LG section had the upper lower levels, with the first floor being the lower one, and my second LG section had something about supporting and opposing taking turns, and another one about a secret leak of information. Would anyone happen to have figured out by now which one was the experimental and which one was the scored section?

As someone stated above, the first section is the real LG, sadly. The third was experimental
barel93
LSAT Novice

Hi there. On the LG - the paintings/sculptures and upper/lower was definitely the non-experimental one. I took it in Rome, and the first poster who also took it in Rome had RC experimental and mentioned the above for their LG. Hope this helps :)
bmen
LSAT Apprentice

I took it in Asia and it appears we have different tests....I think this is always the case for the international tests (they issue different tests based on time zone), which I presume is common knowledge by this point? In any case, I'd appreciate if another Asia taker can confirm which LG was the real....

I had two LG sections:
-One had a president/treasurer/secretary grouping game that was very difficult (as the fourth and final game). This section also had a very difficult 'replacement rule' question as the last question of the second game (I think it had to do with romantic/tragic movies or novels)
-Another had an in/out game as the fourth and final game (with a 'not t' rule...can't recall the theme of the question)
tim_dudu
LSAT Novice

Someone on 7sage mentioned that the Asia test is exactly the same with the North America Oct Make-up Test, which seems to be the case: viewtopic.php?t=15413&p=40630&hilit=october#p40630

But I am not sure if the LG section is the same. I remembered the security clearance game. But I also remember a game on romance/thriller/something else, and a game on voting/zoning (isn't that the same game with president/secretary/treasurer)?

Can someone confirm which games appears in which section?
bmen
LSAT Apprentice

It is the same test, but there's still a bit of ambiguity as to which LG was real. It seems like the president/treasurer/secretary question wasn't in October 2017, so I'm assuming it's experimental, but it also remains somewhat possible that the test was the same barring one section--i.e. that the Oct 2017 LG became experimental...this wouldn't make all that much sense from LSAC's position, but they seem to recycle real questions in experimental sections so it's not all impossible.

in any case, further clarification and assurance would be appreciated as to what the real LG section was.
WeinsteinsPlantFeed
LSAT Novice

bmen wrote:I took it in Asia and it appears we have different tests....I think this is always the case for the international tests (they issue different tests based on time zone), which I presume is common knowledge by this point? In any case, I'd appreciate if another Asia taker can confirm which LG was the real....

I had two LG sections:
-One had a president/treasurer/secretary grouping game that was very difficult (as the fourth and final game). This section also had a very difficult 'replacement rule' question as the last question of the second game (I think it had to do with romantic/tragic movies or novels)
-Another had an in/out game as the fourth and final game (with a 'not t' rule...can't recall the theme of the question)

Bruh I had just written a long detailed response to this until I read the policy about posting about the test. Honestly, there were only like 30-40 people at my test center so based off the tests, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to identify someone from a posted test order (which is not allowed) and with a little extra info such as "I aced one section but guessed C for the last 5 of section 4", which I'm not saying is the case, but just a hypothetical thing to say... actually i had intended to say something along those lines but not that exactly

I will say though I had 2 games and so did someone else in my group. We both agreed the 2nd was harder. I think that was the one with zoning/voting committee, but i'm not sure. I think the tougher one was the experimental from what others have said. Truthfully it all blended together a bit in my memory I was so locked in... yet paradoxically also out of it at the same time. Each question I know i applied everything i had studied and learned to with 100% focus, but it was also in one eye and out the other when i shifted focus to the next question so i don't remember a lot. I think the real LG was the one with destinations as the first game and had an in out for the second game.

Personally I thought the LR was pretty standard to PTs and feel pretty confident in it that I did as well as i normally did during practice. RC was a bitch though. Being a little flustered with the nerves of the real test vs practice had my heart beating and I was too wired to retain the passages as well as usual. I could have done well or I could have missed twice as many as I normally do on PT RC sections. The only things I remember were Bebop, formalist law, and something about chemicals in farms and waste water. Now that I think about it more I'm pretty sure that was the one about oyster stuff. The comparative I'm browning out on but am sure I can remember if prompted. I remember thinking the passages were way more at odds with each other than the practice tests i'd seen where the passages agreed more.

Anyway, I don't wanna say too much and am sure I've already broken some rules. But I'm trying to not share anything about order that would identify my test booklet if this post happened to bother anyone at lsac.