to the top

December 2017 LSAT - International Test Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

The LSAT that international test takers are given is different from the US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their test content.

Below, let us know more about your international test, including questions and topics that you remember, section order, and overall impressions (difficulty, uniqueness/familiarity, odd elements, etc). With that information, we will begin listing which LG/RC/LR questions were real and which were known to be experimental (for more information on determining the Experimental section, please read: The Experimental Section Explained).

When you post, please indicate when and where you took the LSAT, and then follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

This information can help you determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: The list below will be updated in real time as we learn more about the exam, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering cancelling based on the details provided here, give this thread a day or two so that we can make sure all of the information is accurate.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

Real Reading Comprehension (not necessarily in order)

1. Use of Computer Software in English Courtrooms
      2. Chemistry Dependence on Physics
      3. Hand-woven Textiles by African Tribes
      4. Music in the Middle Ages

Real Logical Reasoning

Experimental Sections

Experimental Logic Games

Experimental Reading Comprehension

Experimental Logical Reasoning

Uncertain

LG:
    One section: Investigator of a rumor.
    Other section: Artifacts being examined (difficult)

Section orders and question counts

LG: XX questions
      LR1: XX questions
      LR2: XX questions
      RC: XX questions
      Total: XXX questions

North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15993
    Jon Denning
    PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
    My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
    Celinet
    LSAT Novice

Hi!
    Just took the test today in Rome, Italy.

One of the experimental sections was a Reading Comprehension. Here’s what I remember in order of sections (but each component might not be in order):

1. Logical Reasoning (26 questions)
    - I didn’t find it particularly difficult so no memorable questions here.

2. Reading Comprehension (27)
    - This section was noticeably easier. I finished it with 4-5 minutes to spare which isn’t normal for me.
    - Balanchine’s ballet: Interpretation of Shakespeare’s Midsummers Night Dream
    - Comparative passages about class action law and contracts

3. Logic Games (23)
    - Game about paintings and sculptures
    - The first three were manageable, but I had to guess a few answers on the last game
    - Last game was about artifacts and which archeologist (?) could analyze them

4. Reading Comprehension (27)
    - The same as the ones you have already listed
    - Difficulty level was more like previous tests than the easy RC in section 2.

5. Logical Reasoning (25)
    - Qn 24 felt like a struggle but it was probably because I was tired. It was parallel reasoning about first year business majors and Econ 101.

Hope this helps!
    barel93
    LSAT Novice

Hi everyone,

I also took the LSAT in Rome. Here's the breakdown for my booklet:

2 LRs - I found them to be on par in terms of difficulty with the PTs.

1 RC:
    - West African textiles
    - Medieval Music
    - Computer tech in UK law
    - Compare Chemistry and Physics

2 LGs:

Correct: archeological artifacts; paintings; one sequencing, can't remember the fourth one.
    Experimental: significantly easier than the correct LG. It's a bit of a downer to realize that that was the experimental section, although I found it to be relatively standard (i.e., nothing that stood out).
    Last edited by barel93 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hk1
    LSAT Novice

I got 2 LGs.
    Could anybody please confirm which one of the following games are real?
    1- one with supporting & opposing taking turns
    2- one with upper & lower levels. Lower being the first.
    3- one with spx
    4- one with T or S in the middle.
    And yes, the one with artifacts drove me CRAZY! I completely froze
    londonlawyer
    LSAT Novice

Hi All. I took the LSAT in London today (Ironmongers' Hall, Barbican, London - a very nice and historic location for a test centre , incidentally).

My 1 RC section was:

- West African textiles
    - Medieval Music
    - Computer tech in UK law
    - Compare Chemistry and Physics

Two Logic Games sections, but uncertain which was real and which was experimental.

Questions included:
    Artefacts
    Debate competition (supporting and opposing teams)
    Hk1
    LSAT Novice

I remember the following from 2 real LRs:
    Sodium intake ( salt-licking) - level of service in an airline dropped ( setback) - ppl who are fimiliar with more than one language enjoying art
    bmen
    LSAT Apprentice

bebop was the real RC.

Can somebody throw out some of the real LR questions? Thx
    Saskia321
    LSAT Novice

Just finished my LSAT in India. I’m wondering if the one with fruits (mangoes etc), order of movies, sequencing game and voting/zoning committees was experimental? It seems to have been experimental for others in the US but I’m not sure if we all get the same experimental worldwide...

Real RC:
    1. Laws - formalist
    2. Comparative
    3. Jazz
    4. Something about researching a new chemical on the basis of oysters

I don’t remember LR so can’t help there but I thought the 1st LR was harder than the second
    bmen
    LSAT Apprentice

Can we also clarify which LG was experimental?

I had 2 LG sections, 1 of which had a grouping question about presidents/treasurers/secretaries. It also had a game with a very tough 'replace the rule' type question as its last. I'm thinking this LG section was experimental, but I'd like confirmation.

The other LG section that I can remember had one sequencing game (with a 'LG block...I think there were 6 pieces). It also had an 'in-out' game (though I have difficulty remembering/don't really ever even consider the themes/topics for game sections so can't really be more descriptive than that).
    jessi31493
    LSAT Novice

Hk1 wrote:I got 2 LGs.
    Could anybody please confirm which one of the following games are real?
    1- one with supporting & opposing taking turns
    2- one with upper & lower levels. Lower being the first.
    3- one with spx
    4- one with T or S in the middle.
    And yes, the one with artifacts drove me CRAZY! I completely froze

Hey, I took the LSAT in London, and I got pretty much the same on my LSAT. My test structure was LG LR LG LR RC. My first LG section had the upper lower levels, with the first floor being the lower one, and my second LG section had something about supporting and opposing taking turns, and another one about a secret leak of information. Would anyone happen to have figured out by now which one was the experimental and which one was the scored section?