LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 colinturner06
|
Hello,

I wanted to ask a general question regarding the logic games section. I am more of a "list" kind of learner and typically need a list to attack most questions. I was wondering if you could provide me with such a list to follow when attempting to answer these questions. I seem to always get to the logic games section and almost freeze because i don't know exactly what i'm supposed to do right off the bat. For example, 1. Identify the game type? 2. How many variable sets do i have? 3. Is their a focal point in the game? 4. Make inferences?

I'm sorry if this is pretty broad but when I go through the chapter it seems to bunch all together so having a clear list of the steps to take for logic games in particular would be very beneficial to me.

Thank you
 nicholaspavic
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi collin,

Our online or in-person courses can definitely help you with this because we go into a lot of detail that you may find useful, but let me give it a general summarizing shot:

1. Read the scenario and all the rules. Fix them in your memory as you read.

2. Look for rules that connect or modify others.

3. ID the type of game.

4. Diagram- list the variables, randoms, variable sets, rules.

5. Link the rules together by comparing them. (make inferences)

6. Use the rules to attack the question.

If you find yourself struggling to make inferences, much of the time students have not sufficiently examined the implications of the rules or made the necessary connections in Step 5. Of course, every type of game has its own peccadilloes requiring modification of the above steps. We drill you on these in our classes to make sure that you have the process down to the point where you are just doing it automatically. But with time and a lot of patience, you can also teach yourself the steps and master them.

Good luck in your preparations!
:-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.