LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 moalkhaf
|
Good morning. After finishing chapter 6 in the Reading Comprehension Bible, I have realized that I keep missing a lot of main point questions. I was wondering if anybody could clarify how to go about discerning the main point in a large passage.
 nicholaspavic
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Moal,

We can offer lots of clarification. Let me refer you to a great thread where this question has been discussed before:

lsat/viewtopic.php?t=7333&p=18851&hilit ... int#p18851

And for me, I always found it easier to do MP questions last, after working through the rest of the questions for that passage. You will likely have a much better grasp of the main point after working with the passage for 8-9 minutes. Alternatively, answer the MP first but double-check your answer before moving to another passage.

Also, when all the answers seem equally bad, go for the answer that 1) you can prove: these are still Prove-family questions, and 2) that covers the most textual "real estate" so to speak. Correct MP answers rarely focus on a single paragraph of the passage.

Thanks for the great question and I hope this helps! :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.