to the top

Main Point Questions

LSAT Apprentice

Good morning. After finishing chapter 6 in the Reading Comprehension Bible, I have realized that I keep missing a lot of main point questions. I was wondering if anybody could clarify how to go about discerning the main point in a large passage.
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Hi Moal,

We can offer lots of clarification. Let me refer you to a great thread where this question has been discussed before:

And for me, I always found it easier to do MP questions last, after working through the rest of the questions for that passage. You will likely have a much better grasp of the main point after working with the passage for 8-9 minutes. Alternatively, answer the MP first but double-check your answer before moving to another passage.

Also, when all the answers seem equally bad, go for the answer that 1) you can prove: these are still Prove-family questions, and 2) that covers the most textual "real estate" so to speak. Correct MP answers rarely focus on a single paragraph of the passage.

Thanks for the great question and I hope this helps! :-D
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

This might help as well: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15552. Please see my second reply there, specifically steps 1 and 2.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at
My LSAT Articles: