LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 alicenrodolph
|
I am 31 years old and have extensive work experience. I've worked since I was 13 and have worked many different jobs over the years. I'm trying to figure out how many years I should go back on my resume? Should it be a standard 10 years or so? Also, is it best to just list the jobs and positions, or should I list duties for those jobs as well? Thanks for your help!

-Alicen
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Alicen,

Your law school resume is one of the best ways to differentiate yourself, highlighting your skills and experiences. Definitely focus on the last 5-10 years, and give clear explanations of your positions and responsibilities. The focus should be on what you did, not simply a list of positions. Try and keep it to two pages at maximum--if you have a ton of work experience, you may have to be selective, picking only the most interesting or important jobs you've had. Just keep in mind that the goal is always to make yourself stand out, and use your resume as a means to that end.

There is more advice that can be found here and here.

Hope this helps!
 alicenrodolph
|
Thank you for your assistance!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.