to the top

September 2017 LSAT - International Test Takers Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Update: One of the international test forms (discussed below) was also used as the make-up LSAT for Florida test takers on 9/23

The LSAT that international test takers are given is different from the US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their test content.

Below, let us know more about your international test, including questions and topics that you remember, section order, and overall impressions (difficulty, uniqueness/familiarity, odd elements, etc). With that information we will begin listing which LG/RC/LR questions were real and which were known to be experimental (for more information on determining the Experimental section, please read: The Experimental Section Explained).

When you post, please indicate when and where you took the LSAT, and then follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

This information can help you determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

European LSAT

Asia LSAT

North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15253&p=39714
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Information from a test taker in Cairo, Egypt on 9/16.

LR
- disagree question about how to combat bad/harmful opinions and public expression
- mistaken reversal about successful films
- weird question about fresh okra and seafood gumbo

RC
- Heirloom crops
- fossils of vertebrate and sandstorms and clay
- bankruptcy laws

LG
- musicians in seven spots: guitarist violinist singer
- movies in theatre 1 and 2 at 3, 5, 7, and 9pm

LR
- radiating heating or cooling floors in luxury hotels and humidity
- insecticide and gardens
- lime and lake

LG
- Feingold LKHMJuarez, can't remember any other details
- apartment 1 2 and 3 with 5 tenants, pet and non pet owners
- employee orientations on Wednesday afternoon, Friday morning and afternoon with someone named Phan
Jon Denning

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

From a test taker in Bulgaria:

Two LG: one with pet owners, the other with foresters in 3 groups.

For RC there was a sandstorms vs landslides passage (skeletal remains covered with clay).
Jon Denning

June.K
LSAT Apprentice

Just came back from taking the test in South Korea (Sept 17th).

I got an experimental RC section.

My order was as follows:

LG -> RC 1 -> LR -> Break -> RC 2 -> LR

I really hope that the second RC was the experimental and the first RC section counts.

RC 1 talked about banks, formation of planets, and authorship of a feminist text.

RC 2 talked about usage of a small loom by a West African society, a comparison text on the compatibility of fundamental concepts in chemistry with those of physics, use of electronic demonstrations in English courts.

RC 1 was much easier to analyze and read through, while I struggled with RC 2 alot and probably bombed it.

LG was pretty standard with a lot of sequential elements, but had one interesting game which involved three conditions (placing paintings or sculptures in an art gallery of three days, of which are either representing the 18th, 19th or 20th centuries).

For both sections of LR, a lot of questions in relation to flawed reasoning and several Strengthen and Justify questions that involved principles.

Just really hope that RC 1 is the one that counts....
bmen
LSAT Apprentice

I had the same order as June.K...seems like the first reading was the experimental though (haven't spoken to anyone else, but it seems like the US-based tests had the planets section in the experimental...is it possible experimental and graded sections could be flipped for domestic/intl?)...anyways, I found the 4th passage in the first section (on planets) very difficult.
June.K
LSAT Apprentice

bmen wrote:I had the same order as June.K...seems like the first reading was the experimental though (haven't spoken to anyone else, but it seems like the US-based tests had the planets section in the experimental...is it possible experimental and graded sections could be flipped for domestic/intl?)...anyways, I found the 4th passage in the first section (on planets) very difficult.

Oh god...that really sucks.
jamesedm
LSAT Novice

Jon Denning wrote:Information from a test taker in Cairo, Egypt on 9/16.

LR
- disagree question about how to combat bad/harmful opinions and public expression
- mistaken reversal about successful films
- weird question about fresh okra and seafood gumbo

RC
- Heirloom crops
- bankruptcy laws

LG
- musicians in seven spots: guitarist violinist singer
- movies in theatre 1 and 2 at 3, 5, 7, and 9pm

LR
- radiating heating or cooling floors in luxury hotels and humidity
- insecticide and gardens
- lime and lake

LG
- employee orientations on Wednesday afternoon, Friday morning and afternoon with someone named Phan

Hi Jon,

I got the same setup as this, with two LG sections. Any word on which of the LG sections was real, and which was experimental? It looks like some of the individual game were shared across both the NA and international tests, as we got at least three games that were in the NA experimental section, but they were in different sections: The sequencing game for musicians - VSG, and the movies (NVZPQ, etc) in theatres 1 & 2 in one section, and the home/pet owners (HGFJK) in another.

So that hasn't really helped me narrow it down, someone on another forum has said the section including the home/pet owners was the real one, but I haven't been able to ascertain how they worked it out or where they sourced the information from.
Shaza93
LSAT Novice

I took the exam in Istanbul, Turkey on 9/16 @2pm.

Based on what I've been reading in this thread, the real LG was this one:

I know this because the student in Cairo had 2 LG sections, while I only had 1 and this is the section we shared.

And the real RC was:

- Heirloom crops
- bankruptcy laws

I had an experimental RC with some peace activist named Brittain, and some other passages I can't remember right now. It was my first section, was really hard, I didn't finish it on time, and it threw me off for the rest of the test, and now that I know it was experimental, I wish I didn't let it throw me off so much...contemplating cancelling my score, but we'll see!
jamesedm
LSAT Novice

Okay thank you for the information, sorry to hear the RC mucked you up. I'm pretty glad I didn't get multiple RC sections, while I do pretty well on them I find them very mentally tiring. Guess we've just got to wait for the month to elapse now, so we can get our results!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Shaza93 wrote:I had an experimental RC with some peace activist named Brittain, and some other passages I can't remember right now. It was my first section, was really hard, I didn't finish it on time, and it threw me off for the rest of the test, and now that I know it was experimental, I wish I didn't let it throw me off so much...contemplating cancelling my score, but we'll see!

Hi Shaza,

Thanks for sharing your information, that was very helpful!

I've answered two other questions this morning about cancellations that you might find helpful as you consider your decision:

We also have a pretty helpful general guide to the Keep/Cancel decision, over at:

Hopefully, one or more of those will help you make the best decision fr you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us!
Dave Killoran

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
PowerScore PodCast: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/