LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 lawana
|
LG BIBLE 2016 EDITION - PG.303

5. " THE MEMBERS OF SIX-PERSON PANEL ... [remainder removed due to copyright considerations]

this is what I did :

rules :
W(s) <--/--> X(s)
J(p) ---> W(s)
K(p) ---> X(s)

my diagram:

____ ____ ____ ____ ____ _w/x | w/x _____
3 P 3 S 2 OUT

J--->W<--/-->X
J<---/-->X

after that, I'm lost, especially when I read the book's explanation, that confused me even more. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS.
 lawana
|
I apologize, the diagram was not submitted like I had diagram it. sorry if I confuse you, lets just say I didn't have a problem with the diagram, it is just as in the book. my problem comes after ( the chain).
thanks
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
No worries, lawana! Start by thinking about the numbers here - there are 4 parents to choose from, of which you need 3, so one is always out and the rest are always in. Same with the students - you have 4, you must pick 3, so one is always out.

Since W and X, both of whom are students, cannot both be selected, you correctly inferred that one of those two is always out. What else can you infer, then? That Y and Z are always in! Otherwise you would not have 3 students on the panel!

Now notice that the rules about J and K, both of whom are parents, make certain students necessary. Ask yourself what happens if J is in, and draw that out. Do the same for what happens if K is in. See if you can make another inference from there.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes. Good luck and see you back here soon!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.