LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 DlarehAtsok
|
I am planning to retake the LSAT this September and last year I have worked with the three 2016 Bibles. Do you think is necessary to buy the new editions? In other words, are there are any substantial differences to make the investment worth off? Thanks in advance!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi D,

I've recommended elsewhere that for 2017 you can use the 2016 LGB and LRB, but that if you do upgrade, the RCB was the one to upgrade. With 2018 approaching so fast though, I'd probably say stick with what you have!

I will say that the 2018 versions will have many changes, so I'll probably say that in 2018 the upgrade will be important.

Thanks!
 gasbubbles
|
Hi, if I intend to take the LSAT in June 2018, and haven't yet purchased a Powerscore Bible yet, should I wait for the 2018 one then, since there are going to be huge updates?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Gas,

While nothing is ever final until it actually gets done, my expectation is that the new content in those books will be worth the wait, so yes, I'd say wait it out in this case. I can have you notified when they publish if you'd like, if that helps!
 anonymous27
|
Hi,

Do you have a rough date of when the 2018 Bibles will be published? I wanted to write my LSATs in June 2018 but was wondering if I should hold off on buying the 2017 Bibles now. Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Anon,

Thanks for the question! :) The Bibles are being revised right now and we are hoping for a release later this fall. Not all the changes have been made, but thus far we've felt the alterations have had significant value.

Thanks!
 UIUCTaylor2
|
Hi Stephanie,

Do you have any updates on potential release date? Beginning to study for my LSAT in June 2018 and was hoping something would be out soon.

Thank you!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi U,

I've completed the RCB and LGB revisions, which will be heading to the printer shortly. It takes several weeks to print those and ship them back, so we're hoping for later in December. The LRB is in progress right now, and I'm hoping to make those changes quickly, but there are a lot of them :-D I will make a post on our blog with the overview of the changes when it's all done, and of course if you use Twitter I'll update it there when it all goes final.

This set of changes was more extensive than usual, which required more time. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.