LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 lathlee
|
Hi. Today my question is

""Which one of the following sequences most accurately and completely corresponds to the presentation of material in the passage"

I remember seeing this question in 2016 RC section in pg 181, i wrote this question to ask .
I thought about this question many times but every-time I reached the same conclusion.

The book says it is global reference MT , specifically organization and I agree in big picture. but I feel like this is a question that is MT, organization, but contains some elements of parallel as in 80/20 percent ratio.
 Jonathan Evans
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Lathlee,

Thanks for the question. Could you please clarify the reference to "MT"? In the Reading Comprehension Bible, this question stem is a Global question classified under "O" for organization. This is a "big picture" question: your prephrase should be a description of the overall structure of the passage. As the RCB states, these questions are in some respect analogous to the holistic Method of Reasoning questions but are generally broader (in part because reading comprehension passages are inherently longer and less focused on argumentation). There is not really a "parallel" aspect to these questions per se as they do not ask you to match the organization of the passage with an analogous passage in the answer choices. You are correct to note that Parallel the Reasoning questions and Method of Reasoning questions sometimes overlap conceptually.

Thanks!
 lathlee
|
Hi. Sorry for the confusion, I meant MT as in of Must be True

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.