LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 marieallen
|
I did all 100 questions over a 3-day period. I answered the first 50 and then reviewed the answers to learn the right and wrong answer choices. I did the next 25 and scored more correct than incorrect but still not very high. On the 3rd day, I completed the last 33 questions and scored only 63% correct answers. For many of the questions, I can identify 3 "losers" but more often than not, choose the incorrect "contender." For many questions, I simply did not read the stimulus/choices carefully enough. I'm disappointed and dispirited. At this point, I know the answers to the 1st 75 questions by heart. Should I return to all 100 questions and determine for each question, what makes 4 of the answer choices incorrect? Assuming I do, will such effort allow me to make better choices and in less time? I believe it obvious that if one doesn't do well with MBT/MSS questions, they are not likely to do well overall...
 AthenaDalton
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi MarieAllen,

It sounds like you've already identified an area for improvement -- reading the stimulus and answer choices more carefully. This is a very, very common pitfall for students studying for the LSAT, and it can be corrected with practice!

I don't think that the best use of your time is reviewing the 75 questions you've already dissected. In your post-practice test review, be sure to understand both (1) why the correct answer is correct and (2) why the answer you ultimately selected was wrong. The additional benefit of understanding the flaws in the other answer choices is likely not the best use of your time.

Instead, be sure you have a good understanding of the key logical reasoning principles from the LRB, then tackle another practice section. You can find some old tests online for free from LSAC, for example here: http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source ... ptjune.pdf

You can also purchase old tests in 10-packs relatively inexpensively from LSAC.

Best of luck studying!

Athena Dalton

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.