LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 lathlee
|
Hello.

Today, my question what is The best way to practice Logical Comprehension wrong questions?

In case I would get wrong, all Logical comprehension questions, after I solve each passage of logical comprehension, I write down my VIEWSTAMP analysis of each passages in case I get some questions in logical comprehension incorrectly.

When I get 3 or more questions incorrectly in logical comprehension. I do the Viewstamp analysis again from nothing.
But when I get 2 or 1 incorrect questions in one passage, I get into conflict as in whether I should do the viewstamp incorrectly or try to solve those 1 or 2 questions based on my records of Viewstamp I have. I usually get it right but there are about 30% of times I don't get it correctly. Then I get into conflict whether it is my lack of logic skill or my viewstamp analysis not perfectly.
Last edited by lathlee on Tue May 23, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lathlee,

I'm not totally sure what you're saying are the two possible approaches for you to take. Would you mind writing a bit more/providing more detail so we can better answer you?
 lathlee
|
Hello. So this is What I meant.

In case I would get a incorrect answer(s), for all Logical comprehension questions, after I do every questions for each passages of logical comprehension, I write down and save my VIEWSTAMP analysis of each passages. SO if I get any questions of a passage incorrectly, I can save time of redoing Viewstamp analysis in case that after troubleshooting/ try to get correctly next time, I would save some time

However, I understand that maybe I did my viewstamp analysis incorrectly in first place and that's why I get wrong answers for the questions. So, When I get 3 or more questions incorrectly for each passages in logical comprehension, I Just redo the Viewstamp analysis again from nothing.

Now this is one of the two questions I am asking you:
But when I get 2 or 1 incorrect questions for each passages, I get conflict of following: Did I get these questions incorrectly in first place because my viewstamp was insufficient or Whack? or I got wrong for other reasons. So I retry the questions again in future, should I redo or edit the viewstamp incorrectly or try to solve those 1 or 2 questions based on my records of Viewstamp I have.

This is another dilemma I have: More than Half of times, For those passages I get incorrectly for 1 or 2 questions, when I retry for the incorrect answers When i but there are about 30% of times I don't get it correctly. Then I get into conflict whether it is my lack of logic skill on other parts or my viewstamp analysis not perfectly.

This is what annoys me about my logical reading comprehension skill part:
I think David Killoan would agree, in order to get 180 out 180 in real lsat or mark of something close to 180, I need to have no weakness in my logic skills. I am trying to achieve that state.

In logical comprehension part, it is really difficult to zone down my weakness and trying to improve on it.
 lathlee
|
Hi. I am still waiting for the answer for this question.

Sorry If I give the impression of chasing you guys down. Thank you always
 Kristina Moen
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey there lathlee,

I want to make sure we're on the same page. You are talking about the Reading Comprehension section, correct? We use VIEWSTAMP on that section. We do not use VIEWSTAMP in the Logical Reasoning section (no time!).

With Reading Comprehension, you are not testing your logic skills as much as you are testing your ability to read and understand a passage. Most questions will be of the Main Point / Must Be True variety. You are being asked ABOUT what you just read. I often think of Reading Comprehension like a treasure hunt - As a I read, I create a map that will allow me to go back and find the answers.

So some question to ask when you get a question incorrect -

Where did you find the incorrect answer in the passage? If you didn't find it, what caused you to select it? Can you find the correct answer in the passage? If not, what would help you find it (For example, how could you have notated the passage to make it easier to find?) Whenever I work with a student, I ALWAYS ask them to justify their answer choice by telling me how the passage supports the answer. Often this involves direct line references ("At line 41, the author wrote..."). Often, we can pinpoint where the student misunderstood whose viewpoint was being discussed in the passage or where they missed a key transition (for example, the author writing "But I disagree..." after talking about one group's viewpoint for 2 paragraphs).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.