LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 Avacado
|
Hi,

I'm using the 6-Month study plan and all of its prescribed materials, and getting a lot out of them. Since I began studying a month ago and plan to take the test in September, I'm nearly two months ahead of schedule.

I'd like to peak on test day, so I'm wondering if you have any advice about how to compensate for finishing early. I would rather not slow down too drastically as I think the study plan gives a good pace. Are there any practice tests or supplementary materials that you recommend I add to the arsenal?

Thanks for your time.

From,
B
 Jonathan Evans
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi, Avocado,

Great question. Essentially, what you will need to do is download the 12-month study plan https://s3.amazonaws.com/studentcenter/ ... y_plan.pdf

Here's what I would do to keep things simple:

Plan to start the week-by-week itinerary for the 12 month plan on or around April 1. This gives you 24 weeks until test day, to sync up with the study plan. Before April 1, cross reference the work you have done so far with the work assigned in the first six months of the 12 month study plan. The first six months of the 12 month plan are assigned month by month rather than week by week. Thus, you should have accomplished some of what is assigned for these first six months. Some assignments will remain. Finish these assignments with an emphasis on getting the appropriate Bible/Workbook work done to lead into the final 24 week window. Thus you will be synced up with the twelve month plan and should be able to use your head start to your advantage without finishing early or glossing over essential stuff.

This is my best advice, but alternately you could try to make your work sync up on a later week of the 12 month plan. I personally don't recommend this latter approach because there are too many variables involved and you could end up needlessly complicating things for yourself.

I hope this helps!
 Avacado
|
Thank you, Jonathan.

This is exactly the sort of plan I need.

From,
B

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.