to the top

#16 Some scientists explain the dance of honey bees

PeterC123
LSAT Leader

Hi,

Is B wrong b/c "some other explanation" is not the same as more than one valid explanation?

I have a problem with answer C, Winifred never directly said that honeybees communicate the location of food through dance, he merely said that scent trails are supplementary. Am I suppose to make that leap and infer that he means honeybees do in fact communicate through dance?

Thanks,
David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

PeterC123 wrote:Hi,

Is B wrong b/c "some other explanation" is not the same as more than one valid explanation?

I have a problem with answer C, Winifred never directly said that honeybees communicate the location of food through dance, he merely said that scent trails are supplementary. Am I suppose to make that leap and infer that he means honeybees do in fact communicate through dance?

Thanks,

Hello,

As for answer B, in theory, maybe they both believe there's only one valid explanation, though they might disagree on what that explanation is. (So when you bring up "Is B wrong b/c "some other explanation" is not the same as more than one valid explanation?", that might be true: maybe Henry thinks there's only one valid explanation.)
As for answer C, when Winifred says, "scent trails are a supplementary not an exclusive means of communicating", that seems to imply that dance is the primary means of communicating.

Hope this helps,
David