to the top

September 24th, 2016 LSAT Information

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

As today's LSAT concludes, we will begin listing which LG/RC/LR questions were real and which were known to be experimental. For more information on determining the Experimental section, please read: The Experimental Section Explained.

The above information can help you determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although generally speaking you should keep your score unless you know for sure you did terribly). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is ok; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: Due to the fluid nature of information after the test, the list below is neither official nor complete and you may see some duplicates. If you are considering cancelling (and normally you shouldn't cancel since these days only your highest score matters), wait until later to make sure all of the information is accurate.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games

#1: A library bus making deliveries to neighborhoods
    #2: Teaching Assistants
    #3: Park Rangers
    #4: Computer Viruses: this game was real and reputed to be extremely tough

Real Reading Comprehension

#1: Muscles Memory/Bodybuilding
    #2: Japanese Lacquer Artist (Eileen Gray)
    #3: Native Americans/Woodlands/Tree Clearing
    #4: Specific Performance vs. Monetary Damages

Real Logical Reasoning

City changing road signs being a waste of money
    Parents singing to their children/babies
    Caterpillars/Linoleric Acid
    ACME Bank/Corporation
    Laboratory Animals
    Children Breaking Windows/Responsibility
    Engineering/Physics/Chemistry being analogous to Physiology/Physics/Chemistry
    Misunderstand the Meaning of Words
    Tolls and Pollution (new electric toll roads)
    Chess computer programs/fast computer
    Taiwan/Austroasian languages
    Alzeimers correlation question
    Political question involving whether or not someone could effectively govern/previous scandals
    Artists who combine 2 qualities create great art
    Substance buildup in plants/herbivores/carnivores, and discovering an extinct bear not a herbivore
    Healthy lab animals/not getting enough exercise
    Government significantly increases spending then unemployment decreases
    Neanderthals smoking meat
    Two bird species and flavonoid virus being at least 25 million yrs old
    Technology and the use of it impairing critical thinking skills and leaving society prone to political demagoguery
    Artists who combine two qualities create great works of art/there are only a few great pieces of art
    Baby gorillas imitating their parents and humans (mirrors?)
    Reflecting light and cooling the global temperature
    chameleon tongues
    a survey of scientists regarding whether a theory and the results of an experiment are compatible with another theory

Experimental Sections

Experimental Logic Games

Modern, luxury, traditional
    4 new employees getting trained for a job by experienced employees

France, Ghana, India :arrow: on International tests too (one section)
    Violinists/pianists :arrow: on International tests too (one section)

Experimental Reading Comprehension

Film History
    Multiverse/Big Bang
    Operationalism
    Ethiopian oral storytelling (children vs adults)
    Indus Valley
    Folk Psychology
    European Union Competitive Law
    Native American Art

Experimental Logical Reasoning

Fats and proteins
    Permanent increase in employee attitude would make long term improvement in productivity
    Loggerhead turtles
    Eating yogurt and being healthy
    Healing properties of Blue Lake/River
    Plastic floating in oceans/1% question
    Password technology/will it be implemented
    Toddlers understanding morality from puppets
    Global Trading and Political Power
    Using bugs to check the toxicity of sewage
    Being kind and disliking people (kindness, respect someone and dislike them)
    Mexican Quartz
    AI producing music

Uncertain

LG: witness sequencing game :arrow: possibly only on International tests (another section)
    LG: printing vs. verifying transactions on computers :arrow: possibly only on International tests (another section)

LR: political sanctions from large coalitions/small ones
    LR: advertisers and dirt bike sand commercials
    LR: politician talking about journalists reporting on the parties they are members of
    LR: extended warranties
    LR: ornamental gardens
    LR: myths/speaking eloquently
    LR: high protein, fiber and vegetarian dishes
    LR: effects of teachers encouraging the performance of young children versus older students

Section orders

RC - LR - RC - LR - LG
RC - LR - RC - LG - LR
LR - LR - RC - LR - LG
LR - RC - LR - LR - LG
LG - LR - RC - LG - LR

International LSAT Information

..... See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12138
Publius
LSAT Novice

I took the test in SC and had the France, Ghana, India logic game.
BoomBoom
LSAT Leader

Wow, how could that virus game be a real game? it was so hard to determine what the rules meant and how the setup (if any based on those ridiculous rules) should have been made. Does anyone have a comparable game from a previous pt that I can look up?

Gosh. So frustrating.
megoneunan
LSAT Novice

I had the LG(exp) - LR - RC - LG - LR order. But the game topics you listed as "real" seem to correspond with what I received on the first set of LGs. What could that mean?
smashbash
LSAT Novice

I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG... Does everyone who had that same sequence have the experimental in the same order? I'm pretty sure my first section was the experimental, but everything seems like a blur and even though I remember the questions you have listed I can't seem to remember which questions were in the first one. From the moment I started taking the first section it seemed experimental-ish... I got through the questions way faster than usual (so obviously I'm hoping I'm wrong and it wasn't the experimental, but that's wishful thinking).
apl1993
LSAT Apprentice

For the LR question about "misunderstanding the meaning of the word XXXX'" are you guys saying that "XXXX" was the word whose meaning was misunderstood or is that just the one you remember as a way of recognizing the question?

Cause i think i put another answer, lol :(

[Edited by mods to remove reference to answer choice]
BoomBoom
LSAT Leader

apl1993 wrote:For the LR question about "misunderstanding the meaning of the word XXXX'" are you guys saying that "XXXX" was the word whose meaning was misunderstood or is that just the one you remember as a way of recognizing the question?

i put XXXXX as the answer on that lr question. [Edited by Admin to remove specific answer discussion :-D ]

:/
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

apl1993 wrote:For the LR question about "misunderstanding the meaning of the word XXXX'" are you guys saying that "XXXX" was the word whose meaning was misunderstood or is that just the one you remember as a way of recognizing the question?

That was just one of the words, not necessarily the answer :-D
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Publius wrote:I took the test in SC and had the France, Ghana, India logic game.

Yes, I believe that section was also an experimental for some US test takers. We had it originally listed as an Exp section, but then I was concerned there was confusion with European testers. What were your other games?
Dave Killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

megoneunan wrote:I had the LG(exp) - LR - RC - LG - LR order. But the game topics you listed as "real" seem to correspond with what I received on the first set of LGs. What could that mean?

It means that someone else had that order with LG as experimental. Those games were scored for you no matter where you had them :-D The Exp moves round, so a matching order isn't proof.
Dave Killoran