LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

deck1134
|
Hi PowerScore Staff,

I did the "Advanced Linear Setup Practice Drill," but had questions on number 10, on page 49 of the 2017 Edition Workbook.

How do you know to put row P ahead of row O in your diagram? I did it the opposite way. Does it matter for the game that this would be attached to? Super confused. :-? :-? :-?

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
deck1134 wrote:Hi PowerScore Staff,

I did the "Advanced Linear Setup Practice Drill," but had questions on number 10, on page 49 of the 2017 Edition Workbook.

How do you know to put row P ahead of row O in your diagram? I did it the opposite way. Does it matter for the game that this would be attached to? Super confused. :-? :-? :-?

Thanks!
Hi Deck,

Thanks for the question! In that diagram on page 165, Row P is not ahead of Row O; if you recall, when vertical order is involved, we use the bottom row as the starting point, so O is on the bottom meaning it is ahead of P (I discuss this exact type of usage in the LGB). For example, if this was a Monday-Tuesday game, Monday would be on the bottom. I think you see it in the reverse, meaning you put O on "top," which is totally fine! It doesn't matter in this case as long as you know which one is ahead of the other.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 deck1134
|
Thanks, Dave!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.