to the top

November 17th, 2018 LSAT Information and Discussion

Anyasiesta
LSAT Apprentice

jwheeler wrote:Another question, couldn't quite get a clear answer from the other posts I was reading. So if I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG, is it certain that I had my 1st section as the experimental? I've looked at the list of questions, and they sound more familiar (as in it seems like they were from later portions of the test), but I'm also exhausted and can't remember a specific question to save my life. I know that I had one (#19 to be precise) in my first (hopefully experimental) section that discussed economic something (growth, endeavors, opportunity, idk) and entrepreneurs being more willing to take risk than normal, prudent, risk-averse people. Does anyone remember this question? If you only had 2 LR, did you have this one? I'm racking my brain, and I really want this to be my experimental, but can't remember. If for the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG sequence it's always the same, then I can just say it was experimental based off the pattern. Thanks :)

I think I had that question in my first LR set also and my test followed the same pattern. I did not have a question bout octopuses or rubies. Maybe we had the same experimental? Do you remember anything else about section 1?
murakami_tsunami
LSAT Novice

I had 3 RLs (same structure LR-RC-LR-LR-RC) and remember the first Q on dinosaurs and head-butts -- and I think this is the one that included questions on 1) rubies and crystals; and 2) a charlatan creating fake photos of spirits (one of the last questions). Hoping that this is the experimental!
Lsatnomore
LSAT Novice

Hi Everyone

I had 2 logical games, and I am hoping the first one was experimental and the second one involving mining and lectures was in fact the real one, for those that only had one games section, can you confirm your games section had mining and lectures??

Mining and lectures
Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

I had 2 logical games, and I am hoping the first one was experimental and the second one involving mining and lectures was in fact the real one, for those that only had one games section, can you confirm your games section had mining and lectures??

Mining and lectures

Mining and lectures were the real section! (see the main post several page back for the full list)
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

I had 3 RLs (same structure LR-RC-LR-LR-RC) and remember the first Q on dinosaurs and head-butts -- and I think this is the one that included questions on 1) rubies and crystals; and 2) a charlatan creating fake photos of spirits (one of the last questions). Hoping that this is the experimental!

If the rubies question was about tectonic plates (presumably creating them), then that was indeed experimental. So whatever section that was in won't count.
Jon Denning

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
gibb3710
LSAT Apprentice

Hey guys,
my format was- LG-RC-LR-LR-LG.

From the other posts i've read, my first LG was experimental, I got through two and half of those games lol. I remember the first one had a sequencing element with six spots ( I can't remember the actual topic) it had a rule substitution question. The other one I remember was grouping with doctors/nurses/ and I think lab techs or something. It was "5in" "5out" and exactly one lab tech had to be chosen.
Adam4551
LSAT Apprentice

My test was LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I’m PRAYING the last LR was experimental. I found all three LR sections fairly easy but the third section had the most questions that tripped me up a few times

Overall I think I did great. The logic games section was easy and I finished with a lot of time left to give all my energy to the mining question and after being able to reflect on that question longer than the others with the extra time I had, that question actually started clicking for me and didn’t seem as intimidating.

RC is usually my weakness but I found it manageable. I really think I could have pulled off a 170. December 8th can’t come sooner!
Lauracmedina12
LSAT Novice

My test was LR-LG-RC-RC-LR

LG I thought was fairly easy, the game about engineering teams and mines was the longest one. I think the first RC on mine was experimental (or atleast hope so very much) because RC is my best section, I average 2/3 incorrect and I RAN OUT OF TIME on the first RC.
Cjackson4949
LSAT Apprentice

Was the Swedish gift shop question also having to do with the government? I’m trying to remember if this was the first question in my third section because if so then I got that right for being exp and I can finally relax
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Adam4551 wrote:My test was LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I’m PRAYING the last LR was experimental. I found all three LR sections fairly easy but the third section had the most questions that tripped me up a few times

Overall I think I did great. The logic games section was easy and I finished with a lot of time left to give all my energy to the mining question and after being able to reflect on that question longer than the others with the extra time I had, that question actually started clicking for me and didn’t seem as intimidating.

RC is usually my weakness but I found it manageable. I really think I could have pulled off a 170. December 8th can’t come sooner!

Hi Adam,

For what its worth, I haven't seen any indication that section 5 was Experimental today. Hopefully that doesn't affect your score here!
Dave Killoran
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran