to the top

November 17th, 2018 LSAT Information and Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Dave do you a more comprehensive list of the experimental LR questions and or more information on which LR was experimental?

We're still compiling that information (the topics). We won't be able to ever speak more absolutely about experimentals based on section order because LSAC uses the same order but moves the exp sections around. Similarly, even with people who have the same section order and the same exp section placement, they can receive different exp section content, so two people with 3 LRs and LR 2 in section 3 as experimental might have totally different section 3s from one another...makes it all very complicated to nail down!

That's why we focus instead on real content and question counts, as those are the universals shared/experienced by everyone!
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
Asandler15
LSAT Novice

In one of my LE sections (section 1), I noticed the phrase “state of affairs” in answer choices for three or four different questions. I was wondering if this was the experimental or if anyone else noticed this as unusual? That phrase didn’t seem too common on any previous PT.
ks8
LSAT Novice

I had three LR sections, all 25 questions. One section included a question about organic farming, as well as a question about full time employees/working there for more/less than 5 years -- do we know whether this was experimental or not?
Tefyb
LSAT Novice

Hey guys. My test format was LR-RC-LR break LR-LG. II do not remember which LR had which questions or which one had 25/26 questions. If anyone else had this format, can you please tell me which LR was the experimental for this? SOS
nthky
LSAT Novice

I am trying to determine which one of my LR sections was experimental. I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG.

The ONLY question I can with 100% certainty match to a specific section is a question which was essentially describing the volkswagen scandal wherein the company manipulated sensors to detect when it was being tested to illegally bypass emissions monitoring and earn an artificially more favorable rating. I know it was in my first LR section.

Does anyone recall this question? Was this experimental or not? I do not recall whether it was 25 or 26 questions.
Oml
LSAT Novice

Lauracmedina12 wrote:My test was LR-LG-RC-RC-LR

LG I thought was fairly easy, the game about engineering teams and mines was the longest one. I think the first RC on mine was experimental (or atleast hope so very much) because RC is my best section, I average 2/3 incorrect and I RAN OUT OF TIME on the first RC.

SAME. I also had LR-LG-RC-RC-LR, and found the first RC difficult. I can't remember which topics belonged to which section, but I do know for sure my first RC was out of 27 and the second was 26. From the info posted here it seems that the first RC was real :(
Mariag
LSAT Novice

Yes I remember that question about the car company trying to cheat the emissions. Also I think it might’ve been the second LR section that had 26 questions
Asandler15
LSAT Novice

Asandler15 wrote:In one of my LE sections (section 1), I noticed the phrase “state of affairs” in answer choices for three or four different questions. I was wondering if this was the experimental or if anyone else noticed this as unusual? That phrase didn’t seem too common on any previous PT.

*LR
Anyasiesta
LSAT Apprentice

Does anyone with only two LR sections recall the question about foraging bees vs caregiving bees and brain size?
Anyasiesta
LSAT Apprentice

nthky wrote:I am trying to determine which one of my LR sections was experimental. I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG.

The ONLY question I can with 100% certainty match to a specific section is a question which was essentially describing the volkswagen scandal wherein the company manipulated sensors to detect when it was being tested to illegally bypass emissions monitoring and earn an artificially more favorable rating. I know it was in my first LR section.

Does anyone recall this question? Was this experimental or not? I do not recall whether it was 25 or 26 questions.

I had 3 LR same order but did not have this question