to the top

November 17th, 2018 LSAT Information and Discussion

lsatnoobie
LSAT Leader

Dave Killoran wrote:
Adam4551 wrote:My test was LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I’m PRAYING the last LR was experimental. I found all three LR sections fairly easy but the third section had the most questions that tripped me up a few times

Overall I think I did great. The logic games section was easy and I finished with a lot of time left to give all my energy to the mining question and after being able to reflect on that question longer than the others with the extra time I had, that question actually started clicking for me and didn’t seem as intimidating.

RC is usually my weakness but I found it manageable. I really think I could have pulled off a 170. December 8th can’t come sooner!

Hi Adam,

For what its worth, I haven't seen any indication that section 5 was Experimental today. Hopefully that doesn't affect your score here!

Hey Dave,

Can you confidently conclude that those who had LR-RC-LR-LR-RC -- the first LR was experimental? And similarly those who LR-LG-LR-RC-LR -- the second LR was experimental?
campbbr
LSAT Novice

lsatnoobie wrote:
Dave Killoran wrote:
Adam4551 wrote:My test was LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I’m PRAYING the last LR was experimental. I found all three LR sections fairly easy but the third section had the most questions that tripped me up a few times

Overall I think I did great. The logic games section was easy and I finished with a lot of time left to give all my energy to the mining question and after being able to reflect on that question longer than the others with the extra time I had, that question actually started clicking for me and didn’t seem as intimidating.

RC is usually my weakness but I found it manageable. I really think I could have pulled off a 170. December 8th can’t come sooner!

Hi Adam,

For what its worth, I haven't seen any indication that section 5 was Experimental today. Hopefully that doesn't affect your score here!

Hey Dave,

Can you confidently conclude that those who had LR-RC-LR-LR-RC -- the first LR was experimental? And similarly those who LR-LG-LR-RC-LR -- the second LR was experimental?

Are you referring to the LR-RC-LR-LR-LG?
campbbr
LSAT Novice

Mrlightison wrote:
DavidJennings6 wrote:Of course, not certain, but it does seem that way

LR (25 Questions): Bonobos Monkeys, Evergreen trees Parallel/ Parallel Flaw right at the end
LG
LR (26 Quesrions):
RC
LR (25 Questions): Crux Question about ants making tunnels with specific type of resin. Osteoporosis

If one of the 25 Question sections was experimental, as is suggested by the typical question number for the LSAT, then it’s the first section, since I’ve seen people posting about osteoporosis.

I also had this same format for my test. Based on what everyone is saying, it seems like the my second LR section (26 questions) was experimental. Within that section there was also a dual question.. (questions X and X use the same "passage")

I definitely didn’t have a dual question, so yeah the second section with 26 questions was experimental

Can anyone remember a question from the second LR Section? I'm blanking
BrianGT87
LSAT Apprentice

I was really hoping the LG section with mining company was experimental since I could not crack that one. In retrospect I must have misread a rule or something because I didn’t feel like I had enough information to answer the absolute questions. I was expecting almost all conditional questions and think there were only one or two.

Other than that, I feel good about the test. I feel way better than I did after the July test.
Cbarcelo
LSAT Apprentice

Was mining pattern?

Asking for a friend... :lol:
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

lsatnoobie wrote:Hey Dave,

No, definitely not because they move your Exp around! Those are just orders where we know for sure the Exp showed at that particular point for some test takers :-D
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Cbarcelo wrote:Was mining pattern?

No, it was not :-D
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
gljoa
LSAT Novice

Really disappointed had LG-RC-LR-LR-LG and I thought the experimental section wasn't actually that bad. Got through all the games. The mining game threw me off and I also forgot to reset my watch for this section and just really messed up my timing, barely got to the last game and only answered 2 from that one. Thinking about whether or not I should cancel
Cbarcelo
LSAT Apprentice

Dave Killoran wrote:
Cbarcelo wrote:Was mining pattern?

No, it was not :-D

Ok, good, because said friend was freaking out at the earlier comments linking it to a pattern. ;)
lsatnoobie
LSAT Leader

Dave Killoran wrote:
UWOSTUDENT1996123 wrote:Any idea which was experimental section for LR in which the test order was LR RC LR LR LG?

Working furiously on it now :) Will be a bit though as LR is always the toughest to determine!

Dave do you a more comprehensive list of the experimental LR questions and or more information on which LR was experimental?