LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ElizabethR
|
Good Afternoon,

I have the 2013 bibles and am planning to take the lsat in July (hooray for new dates). Is it worth it to upgrade? Should I upgrade?

Additionally, should I buy the workbooks? I’ve taken the powerscore in person class before and have a ton of old test so I have plenty of study material but am wondering if the workbook is any different or better suited with the bibles.

What is the best way to go about studying? I don't necessarily want to buy the training type books since I have a lot of other training material. When should I start the workbooks? Should I do the drills in the workbooks while going to through the lesson in the bible?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the questions!

Updating The Bibles

The Workbooks
  • This is really a personal call. Those books are designed to work in tandem with the LSAT Bibles, and they expand on the techniques in each book. They also feature prominently in our free Self Study plans, at http://students.powerscore.com/self-study/index.cfm. Are they necessary? No. Do students tell me they help? Yes.

Studying
  • This is a tough question when looked at broadly, but first off, you don't need the Training Type books since you have all those questions in other forms.

With the Workbooks, you can do them as prescribed in the Study Plans above—the various plans show you how you can connect each chapter to the proper workbook section (or you can wait and do the Workbooks later, it's a person preference).

As for general study tips, here's something that might help: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/retaki ... your-score
Please feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions about it. Thanks!
 ElizabethR
|
Thank you so much for the information. It was very helpful!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.