LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=180&p=40792#p40792)

The correct answer choice is (C).

During the analysis of the second and fourth rules, the following inference was revealed:

G2-Q12-d1.png

Thus, O can never accompany both K and T, and thus answer choice (C) cannot be true and is therefore correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 kmpaez
|
Could you please explain the best approach to question 12? I selected the correct answer but it took a long time. I think I'm missing some features of the game that would've helped.

Thank you.
 nicholaspavic
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi km,

I'm a lazy man when it comes to Grouping Games so I love to rely on my main map inferences when I can.

With Question 12, they are asking another Cannot Be True question with O'Connell, so I just glanced over the answer choices for any obvious violations and compared it to my main map looking for my O subscript. Rule 2 dealt with O so I looked at the rule again and realized that what it was really telling me, was that if K went to O'Connell or Margoles then V was going to have to go to O'Connell. Thus Answer Choice (C) was going to violate the second the rule which had K and T going to O'Connell which would not allow for V to also go with O'Connell. That's my right answer because it cannot be true.

So the takeaway here is to never lose site of those rules from the main map and the way that the diagramming of the conditionals can quickly allow you to zero in on the right variable when they are trying to get you to brute force your way through the game.

Thanks for the great question and I hope this helps! :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.