LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 Ljone97
|
Hello
I am over the age of 50 and have been in corporate America for over 20 years. I received my undergraduate (3.7 GPA) and MBA (3.8 GPA) in the last two years. I would like to attend law school and start my own firm. What are the chances of my being accepted at my age and what LSAT score should I be striving for to ensure I am accepted? I know the highest score possible but let's say I score a 158 (that is what I am trending right now), do I have a chance in being accepted?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Ljone97 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:02 am Hello
I am over the age of 50 and have been in corporate America for over 20 years. I received my undergraduate (3.7 GPA) and MBA (3.8 GPA) in the last two years. I would like to attend law school and start my own firm. What are the chances of my being accepted at my age and what LSAT score should I be striving for to ensure I am accepted? I know the highest score possible but let's say I score a 158 (that is what I am trending right now), do I have a chance in being accepted?
Hi Ljone97,

Thanks for the post! One of the tools we use when assessing admission chances is LSAC’s UGPA/LSAT Search. When you input your undergraduate GPA and LSAT (or target LSAT) score, it produces a statistical admission chance at various schools.

Also, keep in mind that as a “nontraditional” applicant, your “softs” (letters of recommendation, personal statement, resume, etc.) will play a large factor in your acceptance to law school.

You may find these resources about nontraditional applications helpful:
https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/do-non ... -advantage
https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/podcas ... l-student/

Hopefully, this information helps! If you're looking for some specific assistance with any parts of your application, you may want to look into our admission consulting resources! :)
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Ljone97 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:02 am Hello
Your chances of admission are good! You're what's called a Nontrad (nontraditional) student, and nontrads can be very successful in admissions, and have few advantages. We covered that in an episode of our LSAT/Admissions podcast: https://powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/136

Thanks and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.