LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 ccampise
|
So just wondering what you guys think would be a good list of reach/target/safety schools with a 56th percentile lsat and a 3.67 GPA? I'm also a double major of Spanish and Politics, have completed a congressional internship, have taken 2 graduate courses in economics, have 6 years work experience as a beach lifeguard, and have about a year of work experience as a Spanish Tutor. Also, I am not a URM. I know you guys can only speculate but I was wondering what you'd think a good list would be? (would love to stay on the east coast but I'm all ears, and I'm well aware many people will scream retake, but I just want to see what kind of list these stats would produce) Thanks!
 BethRibet
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
hi Ccampise,

A good way to get a sense is to visit the Admissions website of schools that interest you, and look at their median admissions for LSAT and undergrad GPAs. If you exceed one by a bit one, and fall below the other by a bit (but not by tons), you're potentially in the running.

With a score in the low 150s and a decent GPA, you would generally be a good candidate at schools in the middle to bottom of the 2nd tier (around 70-100) in the national rankings. However, I've had individual students overcome a disappointing LSAT score with some combination of excellent personal statement, stellar recommendations, and applications through specific programs the school sponsors. So I would identify a few "reach schools" that may be 20-40 up above that range, and really put your best foot forward.

One other promising detail: Law school applications are down right now -- this is an excellent time to apply, because below the top 20 schools (which always have big applicant pools), many of the U.S. schools have fewer applicants, and it means some students who are on the borderline, or get waitlisted, have a stronger admissions chance.

Good luck!
Beth

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.