LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

olenka.ballena@macaulay.cuny.edu
|
Hi Powerscore,

I'm a little bit confused by this question. I didn't really like any of the answer choices, and I ended up choosing B because out of all them, it looked perhaps the least problematic. After reading this thread, I understand why B is wrong but how is E correct? I typically raise an eye when any answer choice in MBT/MP uses absolute language ("not good") and (I think what threw me off the most) the inclusion of the term "good journalistic practice". We never know who is stating the argument, and the author him/herself never talks about what good journalism constitutes. I just felt like "good journalistic practice" kind of felt like a curveball so I just eliminated it.

I can see, in retrospect, how the author is more or less commenting on the practices of journalism, but I just felt like E was too absolute and included a new term.

B has kind of the same issue as the author never discusses what's "interesting," but I thought it spoke to the author's belief that journalists shouldn't intrude themselves/specifically attribute the surprise, or state the obvious. I can realize that it isn't strong but I don't think E appeared any stronger to me at the moment. I was just under the impression to be very careful about the scope, conclusion, and language of the argument/conclusion, and I thought "good journalistic practice" looked like a stretch? Thank you so much in advance!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
olenka.ballena,

Telling journalists what they should do as journalists is by definition discussing good journalistic practice. What else is good journalistic practice but what a journalist should do in his capacity as a journalist? Thus, I see no problem with that phrase.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.