LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=18147)

The correct answer choice is (A)

W can arrive before R only under Template #1. With the added condition that W :longline: R, there are four possible orders:
J01_Game_#3_#14_diagram 1.png
Accordingly, answer choice (A) is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Wisconsin123
|
Hi,

I'm most likely missing something obvious, as I understand the set up and completed every question. However, I'm stuck on how you got four possibilities (answer choice A) for the train order if "W" arrives at some time before "R".

I currently have the following 2 possibilities: 1) W,S,R,Y,T/V,Q,V/T and 2) W,R,S,Y,T/V,Q,V/T

What are the other 2?

Thank you in advance!
 Kristina Moen
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Wisconsin,
Wisconsin123 wrote:I currently have the following 2 possibilities: 1) W,S,R,Y,T/V,Q,V/T and 2) W,R,S,Y,T/V,Q,V/T
You've actually diagrammed four different possibilities.

W,S,R,Y,T/V,Q,V/T is not an ordering in itself. We would call that a template because it's a guide or map for an ordering. What is represents are two different possibilities: W,S,R,Y,T,Q,V and W,S,R,Y,V,Q,T

The same can be said for W,R,S,Y,T/V,Q,V/T.

One trick here is that if you ever see X/Y, you know that means there are two possibilities. It's simply a shorthand to help you diagram faster.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.