LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 Lindsey02
|
Hi,

In everything I have of yours (Bibles/workbooks, webinars, ALR course, podcasts, blog, etc.), you always say that the high scorers can read a question stem and know exactly what steps to take to approach that question and that it is the exact same steps every time -- that it's instantaneous. I've made my own LR study bible as recommended and I've gone through all of the material because I want to get to that point. My problem is where can I find those succinct steps that you say we should know? The bible's review of each type is helpful, but I was hoping for more of a step 1, step 2, etc. so that I can get to that memorized point.

Please let me know where I can find this. Thank you!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lindsey,

To the optimal extent possible, we've already done that with the Primary Objectives and then the discussions of each question type. Meaning, that's about as structured as I want it to be because to go further and to make it even more of a checklist would then start to have negative effects for you. The system you use has to have flexibility to adapt to what the test makers do, and so I selected the optimal structure in what I've written and what we teach. For example, analyzing what a premise is can go multiple ways, and you need to know those cold; having a checklist there would slow you down because you need to react in the moment.

One thing that might help if you haven't seen it is our podcast Ep. 96: The LSAT Logical Reasoning Knowledge Test : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DukQaGmrRk. That helps tell you if you know what we think you should know as far as some foundational pieces.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.